Roxanne Quimby Net Worth

$400,000,000

Roxanne Quimby, one of the richest people in Maine, has a net worth of $400 million. She earned her fortune as the co-founder of the famous personal care products company Burt’s Bees, which she sold in 2007 for $925 million, earning an additional $185 million.

Key facts:

  • Roxanne Quimby is an American businesswoman and co-founder of Burt's Bees.
  • In 1991, she and beekeeper Burt Shavitz incorporated Burt's Bees.
  • Roxanne bought out Burt's share in the company in 1993.
  • In two separate transactions, she sold 80% of the company in 2004 and the remaining 20% in 2007.
  • Due to these sales, Roxanne earned a total of $358 million before accounting for dividends.
  • Roxanne and Burt's partnership was the subject of the 2014 documentary film 'Burt's Buzz'.
  • Before starting Burt's Bees, Roxanne made and sold beeswax candles for additional income.
  • Burt's Bees expanded from selling candles to offering soaps, perfumes, and its iconic lip balm.
  • The company moved its headquarters to a derelict bowling alley and later expanded to North Carolina.
  • Roxanne purchased Burt's stake in the company in 1999 in exchange for a house in Maine.

Basic Information About Roxanne Quimby

CategoryBusiness β€Ί Executives
ProfessionsBusiness executive
Net worth$400,000,000
Date of birth1950-07-11 (74 years old)
Place of birthCambridge, Massachusetts
NationalityAmerican
Social Mediaβ†—οΈŽ Wikipedia

Roxanne Quimby Famous Network

Male Business ♂️ With Net Worth Closest To $400,000,000

Female Business ♀️ With Net Worth Closest To $400,000,000

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments